Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Flying

I always find myself wanting to make up stories for the people sitting around me. You know- look at what they're wearing, what they're reading, and spin a picture in your head of what their lives could be like.

For example- the woman sitting next to me. Well groomed, elegant, delicately framed glasses. She wears just the right amount of jewelry, and is reading a hard copy of a book titled "Someday, Someday, Maybe."

 I'm intrigued by her constant typing on her iphone. Something tells me that she could be just texting, but in my mind she's a book editor, reading a copy of something she's about to or has already released on the best seller list. Or she's a professional of some other field, communicating with her personal assistant about work she's going to or has left behind, taking the valuable and rare personal time to get some light reading before she's thrust back into the high pressured work life.

Or she's just a well dressed woman with an everyday life. That's just as likely, but maybe not as interesting to imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment