Saturday, March 9, 2013

Driving Miss Awesome

Had the pleasure of using a car today. For those not in the know, I do not currently possess a car, and this is a fact that haunts me daily. Living in a city like mine and not having a car is absolutely miserable...albeit a great way to stay in shape ( "Family Guy" reference. Catch that? Yeah.) But cars cost money, and working in the salt mines as I do, one really has no money- just a deep seeded hatred of salt (kidding on that. I love salt. In fact, we're getting married in August. Registering at Hannaford.).

So today I drove. Drove to get coffee, drove the long way to the other side of town to get groceries, then back to coffee. Perfect day for the windows to be down and music to be as loud as possible. I think I may have shuffled through the same CD several times, with Rhianna, Taylor Swift, and Christina Perri as my co-pilots in this incredibly aimless jaunt all over town.

I love driving. People say, as people do, that one will only really love driving as long as one doesn't do it all the time. I swear by my pretty floral bonnet ("Firefly". They have spaceships- not cars, so this really has no point.) that I always will, because there's nothing better than driving on a nice day and just enjoying the scenery. Sure, a person can walk, run or jog...but it just isn't the same (and I don't know about anyone else, but I hate running, walking or jogging in public. It's just not comfortable). However...you can also drive in your pajamas, whereas walking in them makes you appear as if you're going to Walmart (*ba-dum-dum.).

So...I drove. Not anyone crazy, not up the wall...but a car. It was fantastic, it was invigorating, and it was freedom. It was brilliant- and to have someone trust you with their vehicle just adds a joy to it that only enhances the great fun.

"When I'm driving the highway by myself is when I write best."
- Willie Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment