Friday, March 1, 2013

There's an App for that! And that...and that...

In the days of Smartphones and Tablets, there's always someone sitting somewhere whose fingers are merrily tapping away at the screen of their smartphone, as I am now. Some days there are people taking the extra mile and juggling a smartphone, tablet, AND a laptop. I remember the day I got my new kindle in the mail. I sat at the kitchen table with my iPhone, my kindle, and my laptop, and my roommates took a picture.

And then I'm at a Starbucks one day, sitting at a table with a friend of mine. We're both on our iPhones (4s. Siri. Love my girl Siri.), and some random person stops to ask if we're texting each other. No, sir, we are not- but we ARE each using a different app for our own personal amusement. She, I believe, was using Snapchat (Take a picture, send it to someone else, and they have a designated amount of seconds to look at it, depending on you. I choose six seconds, typically because I figure that's fair enough.). I, on the other hand, was checking in on Foursquare (Check in at a location, leave pictures and/or comments about this location. For example: I check in at Selah Tea Cafe. I take a picture of my awesome Valentines Day cupcake. Now anyone who has Foursquare not only can stalk me at Selah Tea Cafe, but can also tell how awesome their baked goods are.).

There really IS an app for everything. Not that I believe this to be news to any of you, because you may be checking this blog RIGHT NOW from a Smartphone or a Tablet via an app of some kind. I update it frequently through the Blogger app, which is why you may see many, many spelling errors. iPhone 4s, while lovely, doesn't often catch all of the mistakes when typing in Blogger.

And then we come to Instagram!!! Adorable way to share pictures, allowing you to also add filters and frames. Makes them even cooler looking. Maybe there's no productive point, but it's definitely a fun way to play 'amateur photographer' among your peers.

Today I downloaded the Shaws app. Because I'm becoming a crazy bargain hunting lunatic (present company accepted), and the idea of constructively cruising for coupons and deals is more appealing than cruising Pinterest for ideas that, while fun and creative, are things I will likely never do. So I spent a small amount of time shopping the app for ideas on what I may get on my next excursion into the wilds of the grocery jungle.

My god. The list can go on...and on...and on. Evernote is another good app- allows you to keep track of things, add photos, etc. Like a happy little day planner...and made even more fun if you add Skitch, which allows you to doodle in the margins (although only really effective on a tablet).

I'm thinking I'll probably update now and again as I find useful apps (Like the Shaws Supermarket app!), but needless to say...

...if ever you're in need...there's probably an app for that.

1 comment:

  1. thanks to priest omigodo for bringing back my lover in just 2days if you are in any kind of problem contact priest omigodo for any kind of help via email address : omigodoshrine@hotmail.co.uk or call him on his mobile number on +2348079367204



    ReplyDelete