Sunday, February 24, 2013

All the Pretty Ladies...

So I was watching The Oscars tonight (who wasn't? And side note: anyone read the article on yahoo that talked about removing 'The Blah-Blah Annual' from the Academy Awards this year and slimming it down to simply 'The Oscars'? Yeah.). I was watching, and I won't lie- I primarily watch for the dresses. The colors, Duke! The colors! In my recent decade of life I have become enamored of all things fashion, and it doesn't at all hurt that many of the ladies who wear these dresses are the source of many a fierce girl crush for me.

Lets start with my favorite: Gwyneth Paltrow. Say what you will: I think she's gorgeous. I don't care what you say about her taste, her website, her children's names. I'm talking about how pretty I think she is. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and I rather enjoyed her dress she wore to the 2012 Academy Awards (I think). The white one with the cape? I mean, nothing can EVER be as bad as Bjork's swan dress from whenever ago, and there was so much noise about GP's cape that I'd have thought it too had a beak and feathers. Seriously.

I'm going to toss in an observation that has nothing to do with clothes, while I think of it. Mark Ruffalo! WHERE DID YOUR HAIR GO!? He had the most adorably tousled hair in The Avengers. I'd like that back, please.

Ok. Hm. Charlize Theron. I love the woman. Bad memories of Monster (I realize it was accurate, but aaahhh!), but her hair tonight, with that dress? Hi. Marry me, darling. Oy.

Jennifer Lawrence was adorbs, as always. She has that kind of face and sweet young glow that just makes you believe she's still in that stage of acting where it really IS awesome to be recognized still, and not expected. Her dress was sweet, and during the 'boob' song she was so fucking cute when her name came up. It killed me. I'd die for her hair, too- if I wasn't already dead from that pretty, pretty face.

I didn't see many others, as I know myself and how I have to go to bed NOW or I'll stay up until it's over...but I can safely say that there was a lot of pretty. Except Halle Berry's dress...which reminded me of The Night Circus, and made her boobs look really, really pointy.

I look forward to tomorrow and the rash of Oscar red carpet photos on Tumblr. I, of course, will be looking for GP, and possibly Sandra Bullock or Glenn Close.

"It's funny that it all becomes about clothes. It's bizarre. You work your butt off and then you win an award and it's all about your dress. You can't get away from it."
-Reese Witherspoon


No comments:

Post a Comment