Friday, February 15, 2013

Microwave Madness: What should and Should Not Be Microwaved

I'm relying on my memories of 20+ years ago, so bear with me (as opposed to 'bare' with me, which would imply I wish to cavort naked with others. I do not. Unless they're David Tennant.).

Once upon a time a dear friend of mine was tasked with the science experiment of microwaving a potato chip. This was done in the teachers lounge of my elementary school, and I believe there was either a small explosion or fire. Either way, we determined that microwaving potato chips was not to be done.

Today I microwaved pizza rolls. This act was not well received by some, and they were unceremoniously yanked from my grasp to be taken to parts unknown. I am
currently in negotiations for the return of my pizza rolls, and we shall see if they are returned forthwith (update: they are in the same room with me and finally back in my grasp, although a few are missing).

Pizza rolls, as the moral goes, should not be microwaved.

Popcorn, as some may know, can be microwaved. I'm not talking the pop secret crap, but good old kernels. In paper bags. With nothing added. Tis yummy, and will not blow up unless you overfill the bag. So don't do that. Really. Don't.

And microwaving tinfoil. We all know how that goes. Don't do it.

Brownies are very good microwaved.

Microwaving your shoes to dry them is not a good idea (I never have, but I was woken up one night by drunken men asking my roommate for a hair dryer to dry their clothes, so I can only imagine someone has tried this once).

There is a very lovely Pampered Chef chip maker that utilizes the microwave, avoiding use of grease and whatnot. It's very healthy, and I would like one.

And in closing, I leave you with this wisdom:

"He looks about as happy as a penguin in a microwave."- Sid Waddell

No comments:

Post a Comment